1. I am writing far too many blog posts in my head. I mutter to myself while sewing. I tell stories to Gertrude the dog. I seem to have a lot to say but no time to sit and type complete sentences. I've decided to make a list.
2. Macbook Air: I have been getting a ton (a TON) or requests for a macbook air sleeve. Before now, I've always done these as custom orders but now I am working on a new design made specifically for the wonderfully thin 'mba' (that's what the kids are calling it... mba=macbook air). Hopefully in the next week. I'm very excited about a few of the new details and I'm thinking of releasing a similar design for the ipad and the macbook pro.
3. Cargoh is awesome: If you don't know... cargoh.com. It's kind of like an edgier, more independantly-minded version of an online independant designer marketplace. My first introduction with them was watching them fall flat on their face last summer. It was truley spectacular. They had a ton of people migrate very quickly from Etsy but then decided they wanted to have control over who was on their site. People were asked to leave, people were turned down at the door, people threw temper tantrums... it was quite the public relations car-crash. Yeah, it was likely not the best situation but there is something to be said about knowing what you want to be... even if it is a few months late. Being the bad guy is hard to do. SO, the reason I think cargoh is awesome? I mean besides all that bravery crap? They support their artists. They blog, they tweet, they retweet, they send nice emails and on more than one occasion they have sent people to my own website and not just my little spot on cargoh. Which means (or at least it makes me feel like) they are supportive of what I do and not just what I'm doing on cargoh.com. Class act, Cargoh. Class act.
4. Gertrude: There were a pair of squirrels in the back yard today and Gertrude lost her mind. (It's true but mostly inserted for lightness and brevity).
5. Lady Workshop: Someone in my social circle floated the phrase, "Lady Workshop" a few weeks ago. Since then, I'm obsessed with what a "Lady Workshop" would be and how it would work and how can I be a lady in the "Lady Workshop".
6. Dear China: After a vigourous letter and email writing campaign, a company in China that had stolen my photos and was selling knock-offs of my laptop sleeves seems to have gotten the message and taken down the listings. (ps. I wasn't really upset about the knock-offs because well, knock-offs happens but what really got my goat was that they used MY photos to sell it... my photo with their url tattooed across it which made me more than a little sad. It was like someone writing their name on your dog). Unfortunately, they are still using photos from other designers. The only thing I can still find that is mine is an old photo towards the bottom of this listing. When I was in the middle of this mini-nightmare last summer, D and I joked that I should just start buying my sleeve from them as they were only charging $7 for each sleeve. What a deal! Update: The photos have been reposted. *Grrrrr. If interested, you can see them here and here.
7. Mmmmmmm.... chamomile/vanilla tea.